Outdoor fans of all ages and types – experienced captains, seasoned hunters and professional anglers to novice fishermen, young boaters and new campers – can escape cabin fever and get ready for summer days ahead at the 2020 Progressive® Insurance St. Louis Boat & Sportshow®.
Progressive Insurance St. Louis Boat & Sportshow – the region’s largest boating and outdoors event. This year’s show features hundreds of new boats plus lots of outdoor gear options and marine accessories for outdoor enthusiasts of all ages. Highlights include:
- New! The Discover Boating Experience – The Hub for Boaters, featuring hands-on learning, dynamic demos, interactive activities and entertaining speakers to help educate and inspire boaters and dreamers alike. Enjoy short, powerful talks that will inspire your on-water and outdoor adventures at the main stage, and visit the Hub stations to take part in workshops, get one-on-one advice, see what’s new and more.
- Back by Popular Demand! Paddle Sports Pool, where attendees can get their feet wet checking out demos and testing a new Hobie or Jackson kayak. Seminars and open paddle times will be posted on-site.
- Get ready for the big game with “Super Sunday” specials, including a $6 entry ticket (half off) when purchased online. Join the boat show for a pre-game tailgate party with $6 domestic beers and $6 hot dog & chips at select concessions. Plus, while supplies last, FREE Discover Boating captain’s hats will be given away at the door.
- New for 2020, Puppy Bowl Sunday – In partnership with Stray Rescue of Saint Louis, from 11am - 2pm on Sunday, Stray Rescue will be at the show with animals available for adoption.
- The Hawg Trough, a 5,000-gallon, fully stocked fishing demo tank with seminars from pro anglers – a chance to see firsthand how fish react to various rods and bait.
- Kids Archery Range, presented by The National Wild Turkey Foundation and St. Louis Longbeards, where kids can learn about outdoor safety and practice their archery and marksmanship skills at an archery range and BB gun range.
- Pirate Island, where kids can climb aboard a pirate ship, sing pirate sea shanties and skirmish with swords with Captain Tim and his crew of pirate scallywags for a "high seas adventure."
- Willow Creek Trout Pond, where little ones can practice their angling skills for free and reel in live trout.
Additional media opportunities for media to capture footage begin during Boat & Sportshow move-in and run through Sunday, Feb. 2:
- Show Move-In, Wednesday, Jan. 29 beginning at 1 p.m. Preview the show and capture footage of boats moving in. Interviews with the show manager, Becca Doyle, can be coordinated.
- Thursday, Jan. 30-Sunday, Feb. 2 Media are welcome to tour the show, tape or do live shots throughout show days. Interviews with the show manager and exhibitors can be coordinated.