ST. LOUIS (January 14) — All aboard! Experienced captains, novice fishermen and outdoors enthusiasts of all ages and skill levels are invited to escape the cold for some indoor summer fun at the 2020 Progressive® Insurance St. Louis Boat & Sportshow®, held at America’s Center & The Dome Jan. 30-Feb. 2.
Hundreds of new boats, marine accessories and gear will be showcased at the region’s largest boating and outdoors event. Celebrating 66 years, the boat and sportshow features a host of fun, educational, and family-friendly activities, including the new Show Me Stage, where attendees can gain firsthand knowledge from fishing experts, and the Paddle Sports Pool, where aspiring kayakers can test out a variety of paddleboards and kayaks.
“The Progressive Insurance St. Louis Boat & Sportshow has provided the best in boating, fishing and all things outdoors for 66 years,” said Becca Doyle, show manager. “We’re proud to offer attendees a destination to discover everything needed to get outdoors and on the water, plus a wide variety of features for all ages. There’s no better place to experience the outdoors, indoors this winter!”
2020 Progressive® Insurance St. Louis Boat & Sportshow® highlights:
- New! The Discover Boating Experience – The Hub for Boaters, featuring hands-on learning, dynamic demos, interactive activities and entertaining speakers to help educate and inspire boaters and dreamers alike. Enjoy short, powerful talks that will inspire your on-water and outdoor adventures at the main stage, and visit the Hub stations to take part in workshops, get one-on-one advice, see what’s new and more.
- Back by Popular Demand! Paddle Sports Pool, where attendees can get their feet wet checking out demos and testing a new Hobie or Jackson kayak. Seminars and open paddle times will be posted on-site.
- The Hawg Trough, a 5,000-gallon, fully stocked fishing demo tank with seminars from pro anglers – a chance to see firsthand how fish react to various rods and bait.
- Kids Archery Range, presented by The National Wild Turkey Foundation and St. Louis Longbeards, where kids can learn about outdoor safety and practice their archery and marksmanship skills at an archery range and BB gun range.
- Upper Limits Rock Wall, where adventurous climbers can try their hand at an indoor climbing wall suited for all experience levels.
- Pirate Island, where kids can climb aboard a pirate ship, sing pirate sea shanties, and skirmish with swords with Captain Tim and his crew of pirate scallywags for a "high seas adventure."
- Willow Creek Trout Pond, where little ones can practice their angling skills for free and reel in live trout.
The 2020 Progressive Insurance St. Louis Boat and Sportshow takes place at America’s Center & The Dome:
- Thursday, Jan. 30, 2–9 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 31, noon–9 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 1, 10 a.m.–9 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 2, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Tickets are $12 for adults, and children under 12 are free.
For more information on show dealers and exhibits or to purchase tickets, visit www.stlouisboatshow.com. Follow The Progressive® Insurance St. Louis Boat & Sportshow® on social media at @STLBoatShow on Facebook and Instagram, or by using #STLBoatShow.
To schedule an interview with show officials, contact Mackenzie Lujin at email@example.com.