Features at a Glance
- Marine Electronics University
- Progressive Insurance Boat School
- Wildlife Command Center
- JAKES BB Gun & Archery Range
- Fred's Shed Interactive Learning Center
- DockDogs Competitions
- Outdoor Cooking Classroom
- Antique & Classic Boat Display
- Boating & Outdoor Classroom Series
- Paddler's Party Cove
- Texas Bass Tank
- Becky Thatcher Trout Pond
- Pirate Island
- Missouri Boatride Bluegrass Band
Back by popular demand!
Learn by doing as an expert from Lowrance leads hands-on workshops using Lowrance HDS 9GEN3 touch units. Sessions will cover all the basics and more—with instruction on everything from routine setup and product use to news about leading technologies such as CHIRP sonar and Insight Genesis Mapping. You’ll also hear about newly released products. Whether you’re a techno-novice or expert, you’re sure to learn something new.
(Class size is limited. Registration at the show will be on a space-available basis only. Visit the Show Office in Room 116 to check availability. On-site registration does not include show admission.)
Progressive® Insurance Boat School
Boost your boating IQ!
Top-notch mariners from the Annapolis School of Seamanship will be on deck to lead an array of interactive “courses” including general boating safety seminars, proper docking procedures, a boating simulator experience, and tips and tricks to help ensure your safety on the water. It’s enjoyable and educational for the whole family!
- Gateway to Boating: Get an overview of the styles and types of boats and how they fit the boating lifestyle you choose.
- Watersports Safety Seminar: Gain the know-how you need to keep everyone on your boat —and on the water—safe, and ensure every outing is fun and enjoyable.
- iNavigation: Learn how to use the resources available to modern boaters—from traditional compass and paper charts, to onboard electronics, to tablets such as the Apple iPad® to stay safe and have fun on the water.
- Boat Systems: Learn how to manage your boats systems from stem to stern.
- Docking & Line Handling: Does docking cause you stress? Let us “show you the ropes” with tricks, and techniques that can make docking easy.
- 10 Steps to Becoming a Good Gilligan: Even on a three-hour tour, a good first mate is key to a great day on the water. This sessions covers the skills you need as a first mate.
Located in the Edward Jones Dome, Booth 3000.
Experience the beauty and magnetism of native birds of prey up close.
You can also listen in on “Hawk Talks” about Missouri wildlife and snap a photo with your new feathered friends as a souvenir of your day at the show.
Sponsored by the St. Louis Longbeards and National Wild Turkey Federation
JAKES stands for Juniors Acquiring Knowledge, Ethics, and Sportsmanship. Young outdoor enthusiasts can take aim and test their marksmanship on a BB Gun Range or try archery at a 3-D Archery Range and learn about the importance of safety and stewardship while having fun in the great outdoors.
DIY seminars and workshops covering boat and motor maintenance, repair and upgrades.
Watch, learn and do! If you’re a do-it-yourselfer or boat owner interested in learning new techniques for taking care of your boat or motor, head to Fred’s Shed for practical, professional advice. Free daily sessions cover a variety of topics.
- Watch certified marine technician and expert wrench slinger “Fred” demo tools and techniques on actual boat and motor cutaways.
- Learn how to maintain, repair or upgrade our boat or motor.
- Take part in discussions, ask questions and participate in hands-on-clinics.
Together, “The Boating Guy,” and certified marine service technician “Fred, The Outboard Doctor,” bring more than 50 years of boating and “wrench-slinging” experience to the Shed.
Click here for a complete schedule
Back by popular demand!
Watch canine athletes run down a 40-foot dock and jump into a 40-foot long pool of water to compete in Big Air® (long jump), Extreme Vertical® (high jump) and Speed Retrieve® (fastest dog to the end of the pool) competitions. An event like no other, DockDogs is sure to make a big splash at the show!! For schedule information and to register your canine, check out the DockDogs website: www.dockdogs.com
From River to Table
Join staff from the Missouri Department of Conservation for live demonstrations of fish filleting and cooking techniques for various species. Free samples will be included!
Step back in time.
If you're a fan of classic boats, or simply appreciate the chance to see a bit of history up close, be sure to visit this exhibit. Step back in time to admire the craftsmanship and beauty of vintage craft presented by the Mississippi Valley Chapter of the Antique and Classic Boat Society of America.
Get tips and advice from the area’s top pros!
Improve your boating, hunting, and fishing skills, learn new techniques and more to make the most of your time outdoors at informative daily sessions.
Take a demo ride on a kayak or SUP
In search of a new way to enjoy the water, spend time outdoors, or energize your exercise routine? Head to Paddlers' Party Cove to experience the fun of stand up paddle boarding, kayaking and other paddle sports. We’ll provide all the gear you need to take a demo ride—no experience needed.
Turkey Calling and Owl Hooting Contest
Saturday, February 27
- $1,500 payout to First Place in Turkey Calling
- Payout totals for 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place will depend upon the number of Turkey Callers. 60/40 Split for the Owl Hooters.
For more information, contact Norb Geniec at email@example.com, 314.575.2988 or Mitch Norris 314.496.4180
Sponsored by Cabela's, Mossy Oak, and Winchester Ammo.
Get a whole new perspective on fishing
—from the viewpoint of the fish! This 12-foot tall, 40-foot long mobile glass aquarium is stocked with native fish so you can watch fish react to and strike different lures during professional casting demonstrations held daily throughout the show! Presented by Berkley.
FREE catch & release fishing for kids
There's no limit to the fun! Our catch-and-release fishing pond is a great way to introduce kids to the sport of fishing.
Dare to climb aboard to join Captain Tim and his crew of pirate scallywags for a "high seas adventure"—sing pirate sea shanties, skirmish with swords, and plan to take a few shots as well— everyone will be able to take photos aboard the Gypsy Rose as a souvenir of your pirate adventure.
Missouri Boatride Bluegrass Band
Don't miss their two appearances at the show!
The Missouri BoatRide Bluegrass Band consists of some of Missouri’s finest musicians, including Bluegrass Hall of Fame Member, Dean Webb, who has also appeared on the Andy Griffith Show as a member of the Darling family. Other members include Larry and Justin Sifford, father and son musicians / entertainers from Branson, and outstanding talents Dennis Pritchard on the fiddle and Danny Yancey, banjo.
Saturday at 7:30pm and Sunday at 1pm at the Boating & Outdoor Classroom Stage.