Features at a Glance
New! Progressive® Insurance Boat School
An educated boater is a safe boater Boost your boating IQ! Learn the fundamentals of boating safety and have fun. Top-notch mariners from the Annapolis School of Seamanship will be on deck to lead an array of interactive “courses” including general boating safety seminars, proper docking procedures, a boating simulator experience, and tips and tricks to help ensure your safety on the water. It’s enjoyable and educational for the whole family!
- Gateway to Boating Get an overview of the styles and types of boats and how they fit the boating lifestyle you choose.
- Watersports Safety Seminar Gain the know-how you need to keep everyone on your boat —and on the water—safe, and ensure every outing is fun and enjoyable.
- iNavigation: Learn how to use the resources available to modern boaters—from traditional compass and paper charts, to onboard electronics, to tablets such as the Apple iPad® to stay safe and have fun on the water.
- Boat Systems: Learn how to manage your boats systems from stem to stern.
- Docking & Line Handling: Does docking cause you stress? Let us “show you the ropes” with tricks, and techniques that can make docking easy.
- 10 Steps to Becoming a Good Gilligan: Even on a three-hour tour, a good first mate is key to a great day on the water. This sessions covers the skills you need as a first mate.
Stop by the Progressive® Insurance Welcome Center or Progressive Insurance Boat School for more information.
Don't miss expert huntress Synthia Wilson!
Synthia will be presenting seminars on the art of whitetail hunting on Saturday and Sunday. Check the seminar schedule for times and location.
See the ALL-NEW Miss GEICO Racing Boat
The six-time World Champion Miss GEICO Racing Team is proud to introduce the newest and latest Miss GEICO offshore racing boat.
The new Miss GEICO is a 50-ft. Victory catamaran made of carbon/kevlar. At approximately 11,000 pounds, she is almost 1,500 pounds lighter than her predecessor and is equal in length. She has a 12-ft. beam, which is 6" wider than the former boat; the extra width will allow her to ride smoother at faster rates of speed.
Powered by 1075 Mercury racing engines, she currently has a top speed of 170mph. Off-season plans include replacing these engines with a set of 1500 HP piston racing engines which will enable Miss GEICO to reach a top speed in excess of 200 mph!
Texas Bass Tank
Get a whole new perspective on fishing—from the viewpoint of the fish! This 12-foot tall, 40-foot long mobile glass aquarium is stocked with native fish so you can watch fish react to and even strike different lures during professional casting demonstrations held daily throughout the show! Presented by Berkley.
FREE Fishing for Kids at Becky Thatcher Trout Pond
There's no limit to the fun! Catch-and-release fishing pond is a great way to introduce kids to the sport of fishing. It's all free and available every day of the show.
Captain Tim and the Gypsy Rose III Landship
ARGH! Dare to climb aboard to join Captain Tim and his crew of pirate scallywags for a "high seas adventure"—sing pirate sea shanties, skirmish with swords and even fire a canon. Plan to take a few shots as well— everyone will be able to take photos aboard the Gypsy Rose III as a souvenir of their pirate adventure.